Thursday, April 24, 2008

A poem I wrote, ( I was in a bad mood that day ).

Constant is the rain,
sinking my spirits down
into the muddy ground
like a limp leaf.

Looming are the clouds,
colorless and steady,
promising a future of
wetness and cold.

Dark are my thoughts,
ready to murder anyone
who says a sunny word
to me.

Dead is the sibling,
the one that disregarded
his sisters warning.

Its funny, but I really like this one. Weird huh? Maybe because in the beginning it starts out so poetic, kinda sorta;). But after the second verse all the poeticness goes down hill and WOW do my true feelings emerge!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah, my "depressing" poems tend to be my best ones. Funny how that works.

I really like it. I hope you don't feel that way often! *hugs*

Traci said...

love you girl!! great poem!

Traci said...

great poem, but I'm sorry you felt that way..;)

Hannah Jane said...

I am glad you put "his" instead of her.